The Waltham Forest Fostering Team consists of a number of different highly trained and qualified people who are there to help you along your fostering journey. Whether it is a quick phone call to see if fostering is right for you or your dedicated social worker who will work with you ever step of the way.
Our Fostering team includes:
- A Recruitment Officer who is waiting to receive your call and answer your initial questions. If you wish to apply they will carry out a short telephone interview with you.
- A ‘Stage One’ worker who will visit you in your home at a mutually convenient time to discuss your application further and support you through the first stages of your journey to become a foster carer. They will also be one of your trainers at ‘Skills To Foster’ – a two day course which prepares you for the role of fostering.
- Allocated Social Workers. You will have a dedicated Social Worker from the start of your assessment through to after your approval when you start to care for our young people. Please read more about the process. As an approved carer you will receive ongoing support from your dedicated Social Workers.
- A Training Officer who works alongside your dedicated Social Worker to identify and address your training needs. A wide selection of class room based training is available throughout the year. Our Training Officer also coordinates support groups such our ‘teenager foster carer support group,’ and ‘male carers’ support groups.
- A Specialist Fostering Social Worker providing training and support to foster carers who look after children who are refugees or asylum seekers. This ensures you receive the right support so you can understand these children’s particular issues and meet all their needs. Helping a child to find their feet in a new country and find out about a new way of life can be very rewarding.
- A Team Manager and Deputy Team Manager who are available to speak to you at any point of during your application and after your approval
We are based at Waltham Forest Fostering Service, Sycamore House Town Hall Complex, Forest Rd, London E17 4SU, please drop in at any time to speak to us about your enquiry or application.